Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You're the first asian I've seen in a week!

That was Mike, fellow next over with beer in hand at the Filling Station (the Filler) in Bozeman. For what had been a semi impulsive move to stay over a little longer, the day had worked well. Honestly, I do not think I've had this many conversations, and many beyond meteorological data, with total strangers as I've had this past few days. I'd hazard a guess that the overpowering sense of isolation I felt when the bike threatened to expire in the middle of nowhere is one sensation not new to most. So herein lies the difference. The population is low, as in WV, but they are spread far, far, apart. How does this affect behavior? Not my place to contemplate I say. I'd spent the morning catching up with some pics from earlier in the trip. There's a ton to go yet. My mop has been rapidly deteriorating into severe helmet-head. Alas my search for a barber had been thwarted by impending raindrops (never materialized tho). The balance of the day consisted of a people-watching lunch, some shopping for tools to attempt to repair the grip and otherwise aimless meandering about Main Street. I'd hope to get a massage and lucky me, things fell in place and one super massage was then followed by a sunset concert, dinner at the Pickle Barrel (have pics) and later more music ….where I met Mike. There's more to say of people, their passions and beautiful dancing women but that is for later.

But for now I must stop, it is 1.24 and I've to be awake for a 6am pickup.

No comments:

Post a Comment