Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Canada ...just


The Lyons have been super, John even rode out with me to see the Northern Cascades. It wasn't the best weather for riding and we elected to turn around before the point of no return (with my paltry 150 mile range). Still, the mountains were majestic and the Lake Diablo and its bright blue-green hue was quite the sight. My beer allergy has persisted and now (rather slowly), I am wondering if I've a cold.... Anyway, made it to Abbotsford last night and now visiting with my old friends Felix and Lay Kian. It has been 25 years since we last met and as Sandeep said, feels like old times. Their two boys, Trevor and Clive are wonderful, smart and ...well behaved! I think I might chill out the day here. Yesterday's rain soaked fun is not prompting me to rush back on the bike ASAP. Oh to set the mood; although it has been sunny, it is now in the 50s, howling wind and constant heavy drizzle. Purrrfect if you were something other than a wannabe cool-cross-country-motorcyle-riding-dude. Time to look for a hotel in Vancouver.

John ponders our next step ->

This afternoon, after violating my no-coffee in the afternoon rule, I drag me into Canada. Again the immigration officer fights hard to suppress some sort of chuckle...I must be entertaining somehow...eh?


View trip log in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment