Wednesday, July 22, 2009

we're off to see the wizard


Soooo the trip to Oz was nice....as nice as one might have it in a big white truck. Donna, at the front desk, was super gracious and did her best to connect me with the local dealers of choice and dispatched me with a bag of loot. Lunch at Ivan's in town was fantastic...long time since I had chikn-dumplin soup that good.

OBTW, I finally updated the Yellowstone post......this is what happens when you have time on your hands....time had because the guys at Hal's HD-Buell here in Milwaukee have diagnosed the problem and, as suspected, it is the pivot shaft on the butterfly in the throttle body.... somewhere I have the souvenir screw (!!). I speak with Jon over at Budget in Albert Lea he is nice enough to circumvent the blood-sucking-Budget computer system and permits me to return the truck here in town and save a bunch of money. Oddly enough, the difference is just enough to cover the bill at Hal's...go figure eh? The guys at Hal's Tim and Dean (later Bud) are nice enough to do a duckie pic but the shop is nicely run. They run an impressive shop, tidy enough for me to be envious indeed. The part? they actually had one on the shelf, amazing. It prolly does not hurt to have the factory a half-dozen miles away either! So by 530 I'm back on the Uly...life is good. It is hard to imagine that less than 24 hours ago I was trundling down the highway in a tow truck with the dead Uly strapped in the bed. Later someone (Gail from the ferry) commented that I had good karma, and without a doubt I have been fortunate on this trip.

Dinner at an unassuming restaurant called 'Athens' which turned out to be a lucky choice. Reasonably priced and my pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes was an honest (and generous) meal. It certainly did not taste like a Sysco sponsored menu item.

No comments:

Post a Comment