Thursday, July 2, 2009

the gang at HD of Ukiah

so my paranoia got the better of me.... bearings checked out ok. Good folks there at Ukiah HD and met fellow Bueller, Jim who gave me some great route suggestions. Headed down 253 to 128 and on up 1 to the Ave of Giants....god what a sight! Have pics to post. Chased a Fedex van down CA-1 for quite a few miles. That driver expertly demonstrated effective conservation of energy. That van was a sight to behold as we flew about the shoreline. Campgrounsd were packed for the weekend so in a rare move of sensibility I turned about on 36 and headed up to Eureka where I'm in kinda of a scary room tonight. I've crossed from the coast to the central valley several times now and it is quite amazing to feel the change in weather and the drastic change in flora.

The pic is just north of Mendocino (and short of the lost coast) taken at 2pm. You can see the fog just lifting....


No comments:

Post a Comment