Friday, July 3, 2009

Oregon ho!

snaking along Smith River along Rt 199. Finally saw some mossy lichen that I guessed would thrive in all this foggy moisture. what do I know? Left my no-tell-motel in Eureka this morning and caught breakfast in Orick...kept finding it hard to answer the inevitable 'where are you from?' question...."WV but really San Fran oh..no really Malaysia by way of Singapore". Communication I tell you, wars have started like this. It had been freezing till now, go figure that climbing in elevation (and getting out of the fog) would warm things up. Now stewing in my own juices at the Medford KOA...wifi at your tent; modern camping! Wait till I find that tree with the ac plug in it :) Got a great lunch at the little community of Wilderville, Or. Stuffed burgers at the Pizza Cafe. The fella in the next table lived lives in Colorado and Utah and was happy to share his must-sees. Glacier and southern Utah keep coming up. Fruit Row alley outside Ogden sounded interesting as well.




So Oregon has no CVS stores... ask me how I found out. Anyway the ride has been fantastic and I am glad I brought the cold-vest. Thinking about wandering into Ashland a little later...after I wreck the tent erection process.

Chris my camping neighbor, originally from Asheville, NC...travelled to Montana so much for trout fishing he moved there and later to Oregon.....for the same reason. Seemed like a cool guy, recounted stories of motorcycles in Italy ...the bike seems to bring people out. BTW the equipment seems to be holding up, had some skip-spark while pushing past 85 today in 96 degree heat. But could not recreate it on the next tank of gas. The ooze from the rear bearing seems to have stabilized (stopped). Rear tire is staying about 10degrees warmer than the front, may tinker with preload just for giggles.




No comments:

Post a Comment