Sunday, July 12, 2009

duckie wanders up the Canadian Rockies

I think we had just crossed into Jasper National Park... cool eh? Met a couple of ladies from London who helped with pics (this is a cheapo cell pic). The camera sorta ruins the affect, no problem telling the live-from-Memorex with all these pics.

Spent another day honing my skills as a tourista. Based on suggestions from the YWCA staff, I head out with plans to hit lakes, glaciers and hopefully not the wildlife. Climbing north on 93, the sheer beauty of these mountains was so distracting that they were practically on par with the RV-s as 'most likely to terminate my existence' this day. Not only do I improve as a touron, I'm getting the hang of picture taking on the move. The pics still suck but the insertion-extraction routine is getting less clumsy. I am a little annoyed by the boisterous Japanese tourists. It is like the Griswolds, by the busload, replete with professional camera crew and a film director (short cute little thing she was) that was quite happy to bark directions at the top of her lungs. When you see pictures of Peyto Lake and think to yourself...'oh how beautiful and tranquil'...well, add the cacophony of those industrious Nippon tourists to the soundtrack. One after another, the breathtaking scenes kept coming.... and at 6000' breathing and panting on the one wee hike I took was, sadly, the norm.




No comments:

Post a Comment